version 2.5 released 02/06/2013
Tiberiumkyle made an awesome movie, showcasing StarDrive and my mod, go watch it:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6lFTotRYTM
and here's another one:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9eCSLOquHkDownload from my Dropbox:http://goo.gl/wPB4DDownload from Strategy Informer:http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/star ... 50209.htmlsmall request from me to you!
if you link my mod on other forums or anywhere else on the net, please use the following url:http://goo.gl/wPB4D
please don't use my dropbox link directly! i like to keep track of how many downloads the mod gets etc, so please link it using the above link! thank you!! Changelog 2.5:First Competition closed!
Professionalguy and Killy will get a ship named after them and their ships will be added to an event in one of the next versions!
Might do a new competition later
- lots of remnant forces changes: now the big scary ships won't run out of ordnance as fast anymore, some slight changes to certain remnant ships and new remnant specific tech, a couple of redesigns as well
- original remnant secret tech: no longer secret and available to all from the start of the game but at a higher cost, the ai will now research it as well around the time when they reach frigate tech, so they'll use your remnant tech enhanced ships against you now, ancient medium reactor has been added to this tech
- new unlockable remnant secret tech, i made it a fun tech to get and play with, you'll see
, will be expanded on in the future
- certain weapons have been made more accurate
- small fixes and corrections here and there
- some balance changes and increases in tech costs
- corsairs now demand more money, so save some up when you go exploring!
- Demig0d supplied the mod with a couple of awesome weapon graphics (to be used in one of the next releases) and gets a killer remnant ship named after him with bodyguards, that you will meet through one of the new events, The Remnant Demi God and its bodyguard squad, a group of hunter killers, capable of tracking and destroying entire fleets by themselves.
- Etherealblade has been a long supporter of the mod sending me great ideas on a regular basis and he also gets a ship named after him with a whole complement of support ships called Blades
, you will also meet this new fleet through one of the new events. The Remnant Ethereal Blade and Blade squadron, a powerful fleet capable of laying waste to all the systems in the universe unless stopped …
- Isahn has been incredibly kind and provided many MANY terran ships for my mod, they are included in the mod and the ai will use them against you!
- because of his hard work, Isahn also gets a unique 'hero' ship that you might face through one of the new events, he flies a retrofitted ralyeh medium freighter, but don't be fooled by it's appearance, you might need an entire fleet to stop him!
- medium cargo module added as requested
- new end game event tech: the experimental gate facility, build it, explore new worlds, find artifacts, unlock secrets or unleash hell on your planets, will be expanded on further in the next versions!
- introducing the MAC, Magnetic Accelerator Cannon, a titan class heavy ballistic weapon (4x8) capable of one shotting most small vessels, researched after sniper rifles, the first in a line of endgame final tier weaponsChangelog 2.4:
- artifact drop chance increased slightly (at least 1-2 should drop per game, previously chances were so low that none dropped at all in most games, will balance further if necessary)
- small changes to a couple of events
- remnant and corsair ships have been given a buff
- the remnant exterminator and mothership have been given a really big buff, expect a really though challenge, post bragging screens of you defeating these ships/fleets (if you defeat them without cheating
- a couple of specific remnant modules have been added and are used solely by the remnant titans
- a complete line of shotguns has been added, with varying effects and abilities (with their respective techs)
- a complete line of thrusters and jump drives has been added (with their respective techs) note that the thrusters are forward thrust/motion only
- a new 1x3 plasma cannon, a very basic plasma weapon
- reworked line of regenerating armor has been added
- ...new ship modules and weapons:
new weapon types: mines, anti-matter weapons, projectors, dumbfire plasma and a-m torpedoes, long range missile platforms, the heavy grav cannon and much more coming soon! new buildings: new end game event tech:
the experimental gate facility: build an experimental stargate on your planet, step through it and discover great wonders and items, or encounter deadly foes and get wiped out, do you dare to step through it???! (researchable after RDA in the secret tab)new orbital defense:
the asteroid base can now be built in orbit of your planetsmore storage and freighter capacity:
base storage of the capital, warehouse and outpost have been increased
2 new warehouses have been added that add a lot of extra storage
freighter cargo holds now hold 2 supplies, instead of 1stronger defenses:
the outpost and military outpost have been slightly buffed to help with early mass troop rushing from the ainew planetary defenses:
Autocannon and Sniper emplacement for planetary defense
Cloud Peak, defensive SAM emplacement, capable of defending a systemtotally reworked vanilla tech tree:
plenty of moved and altered original techsnew tech trees:
guided weapons, specialist weapons, ballistic weapons, upgradesnew techs:
more than 40 new techs and countingnew events:
new triggers, new anomaly discovery triggers, much more potent and harder Remnant forces through new and old event triggers and much more risks when you rush for artifacts ... new colony modules:
3 civilian modules: one for production, food and science
2 military modules: a deployable military outpost and missile silo
always use these in combination with the original colonization module!improved prototype flagships:
most races have an improved prototype flagship, all flagships are now balanced amongst the races, well at least as good as i could balance them slot/module/cost wise, will change these ships further when i have timeand much more!Download from my Dropbox:http://goo.gl/wPB4DDownload from Strategy Informer:http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/star ... 50209.htmlinstall instructions:
- download zip file
- extract all contents of the zip file into the mods folder (a 'tim.xml' file and a 'tim' folder) (i use 7zip to create archive files, so if you get an error in an other program, try 7zip instead)
- inside the game, choose the mod manager and select and then load my mod
- start a new game