It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:06 pm
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Subspace Projector
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:51 am 
Space Cadet

Just a quick question. I don't know if this is a bug or if it's something I don't fully understand yet (there's a lot of that so far in my experience in the game as yet), but my ships behave oddly around subspace projectors.

Essentially, I started as the humans in Sol, and then went and colonised two terran worlds in the solar system next door. Because I have subspace projector building set to "auto" at the moment (being new, I didn't want to overload myself), the computer sent out three construction ships and built a little "corridor" between the two solar systems.

However, now my ships are behaving very oddly. Rather than just warp between the two solar systems, they now stop halfway along at one of the subspace projectors (not always the same one) and sit there for about half a minute, sometimes warping tiny distances, other times just travelling at regular thruster speed. Eventually they go back into warp and complete the journey. But it's very, very odd to see them stop halfway through (in deep space) and sit there for a while before continuing.

What's happening?

OfflineProfileSend private message
 Post subject: Re: Subspace Projector
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:02 am 
Ensign

Maybe you have negative "in warp" energy count. Which means when you're in warp your energy goes down, and when it reaches 0, the warp will stop.

Other than that, ships try to reach the closest subspace projector and then use the "subproj highway"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:07 am 
Space Cadet

Vesperal wrote:
Maybe you have negative "in warp" energy count. Which means when you're in warp your energy goes down, and when it reaches 0, the warp will stop.

Other than that, ships try to reach the closest subspace projector and then use the "subproj highway"

Yeah it isnt negative warp thats causing it. I have the same problem.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:23 am 
Ruthless Overlord

I'll take a look at it. I think that they are using the projectors as waypoints and may get confused there

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:18 am 
Special Agent

Just reporting the same problem here. My freighters just seem to like stopping at each projector to enjoy the view in route to their destination. The subspace projects don't look all that pretty to begin with so I'm not sure why they are taking the scenic route when it comes to moving their goods. Must have something to do with union mandated five minute breaks every hundred or so light-years they travel.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]