It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:16 pm
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:15 pm 
Space Cadet

Okay I just started my first game, what are some good things to do and why. Also playing humans for simplicity sake.

OfflineProfileSend private message
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:38 am 
Lt. Commander

Some tips!

1. make freighters! to carry food/industrial resources and people to your new colonies
2. build using the fleet build option, makes things easier to manage
3. always try to colonize the planets with the highest fertility or resource options
4. research stuff that increases food and industrial resources at first , then research heavy fighter, and then its up to you

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:34 am 
Space Cadet

KaiserLord wrote:
Some tips!

1. make freighters! to carry food/industrial resources and people to your new colonies
2. build using the fleet build option, makes things easier to manage
3. always try to colonize the planets with the highest fertility or resource options
4. research stuff that increases food and industrial resources at first , then research heavy fighter, and then its up to you

How do you build using the fleet option?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:43 am 
Lt. Commander

ImperialArm wrote:

How do you build using the fleet option?

Once you are in fleet build mode ( Shipyard -> Fleet)
a screen with 'fleet center' should show up. On the right there should be the varying ship types you have (freighter - fighter etc...).

Just click on fighter and the different designs should be available, just click on one of these and click to designate where in your fleet formation your ship will be located.

After you have designated where in the fleet these ships will be(green highlights of a ship == ship yet to be build), look for the 'requisition' button and the ships will automatically be build for you.

If anything is missing ,or some portions are unclear, just say so :-).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:03 am 
Space Cadet

Alright I was wondering why my planets were not growing so fast, I need to give them that little boost I guess. Transports in the que now.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:39 pm 
Space Cadet

refit your scouts and freighters with warp engines, saves a lot of time

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:41 pm 
Lieutenant

What I do when I start a new game...
- Put Warp Engine on Scout and Transport and Colony Ships.
- Lower Food Production to be just above 0. And cut down all Research.
- Build 6-8 Scouts, then manually send them out to all nearby planets. Sometimes AI will send them in opposite direction of the galaxy.
- Build 2 Colony Ships, and 5 Transports.
- Bring Production down and boost Research. Start researching for the thing that +1 Food and that +1 Production. Then Missiles Theory.

After awhile I would build like 30-40 Rocket Fighters and destroy nearby Remnants so I can start building super planets.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:14 pm 
Ensign

I use the Cybernetic trait with efficient metabolism and the production boost one, I think its called Industrious. I use Tomahawk diplomacy in my games, so I take the -20 all diplomatic relationships, and ponderous, since I don't use fighters for long. This simplifies the game and provides synergy to your traits.

It seems that depth > breadth in this game. Figuring out a singular way to play and just focusing the crap out of it is way better than trying to be everything. I don't think my way is the only good one, but it seems that there is a very clear "correct" way to play most of the time.

Basically research the +1 raw output buildings and biospheres, rockets and heavy fighters. Make sure you have enough rocket heavy fighters as well (I usually swap in an MLRS in place of the flak cannon for more dps), this will clean up any initial invasion attempt and allow you to clean out xenos holding your future territory. With those basic buildings you can colonize virtually any planet, and get your population up. Having raw population helps with the later buildings which give you + production/research etc based on your colonists, so its a good idea to throw in some biospheres so the population can grow on the way up.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:25 am 
Lieutenant

I notice during my last few games that if I expand too fast, other empires start declaring war on me O o'

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:54 pm 
Space Cadet

Well since this was my test game I just colonized every planet I could and now my economy is slowly dipping into the negatives. Is it a good idea or a bad idea to colonize all planets? How much transport ships should I need? When I tell them to deliver goods they all just work one trade route form one planet to another. Meanwhile i have so many ships because I want all of my planets to grow as fast as I can. If that's even possible.

Lots of my planets are low fertility and only with production 0.5-1.2. Sometimes no fertility at all.

How do I customize ships?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next