It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:52 pm
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 5   [ 45 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:41 am 
Ruthless Overlord

First off, hello and welcome to everyone who has found their way here. I am writing this as we wait for the Steam store to come online. I expect that we will have an influx of new users and lurkers coming to these forums over the next few weeks to offer their support and feedback. I am excited to hear what you have to say about StarDrive!

As our Beta gets underway, the primary focus for us is to crush any outstanding bug issues. We expect that a lot of people with a lot of different system configurations will be playing SD and finding things that we haven't seen before. So feel free to post any bugs or glitches you find in the bug forum. We will be crushing these daily and updating the build weekly.

Our secondary focus is going to be to add features and content depending on the community's feedback. StarDrive has a solid foundation and this Beta will demonstrate to you the full power of our engine. I am making this game for you. So tell me what you want. The best ideas that have the most support will get into the game. First I want to focus on usability features - things to make your life easier. But I also want to add more meat to the areas you most enjoy.

I also wish to actively support the modding community. There are several mods in progress and a few example mods available for you to play with. So if you want to drop a battlestar into your game or the Enterprise or the Normandy, go check out the modding forums and get to fiddling with those files. Elethio, Lulloser, ApocNL, thaishmafia, and other users have already managed to do some really cool stuff. If you have any questions, post there!

This has been a long road for us. I hope you all enjoy your first experience with StarDrive. This is just the beginning of what I intend to be a staple in 4x space gaming for years to come.

OfflineProfileSend private message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:45 am 
Commander

More than happy to oblige soon as i get those delicious bytes on my SSD.

PS Whats the download size by the way? Just wondering if i'll bother to setup my Load Balancing setup inadvance to download faster.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:46 am 
Ruthless Overlord

^^

It's a gigabyte.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:47 am 
Lieutenant

Zero wrote:
^^

It's a gigabyte.

Wow, thats pretty small!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:48 am 
Space Cadet

Zero I just want to personally congratulate you on a job well done.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:51 am 
Commander

Figured as much and you didnt disappoint, gigabyte is not a small amount of data really it just speaks of professional product.

When you see products climbing to the tens of gigabytes without them having a Lot of CGI you are looking at a prime example of shoddy coding standards or poor pipeline management or even worse Both!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:55 am 
Space Cadet

Well done Zero on getting this far, it in itself is a great achievement and from those who I have spoken to who have played the game and those within the industry who have provided previews / vlogs on it, it seems as though this has a lot of promise.

All the best and here's to lot of fun, scheming and satisfying the urges of sci-fi loving megalomaniacs everywhere.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:51 pm 
Admiral

Zero wrote:
I expect that we will have an influx of new users and lurkers

A) I love that you used "influx".

B) CANNOT WAIT!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:06 pm 
Space Cadet

Come on Steam, we're ready :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:02 pm 
Ensign

Can't wait to start beta testing this little gem. Hopefully Stardrive will get some attention at places like Rock, Paper, Shotgun and Totalbiscuit's Youtube channel soon as well, those should bring lots of new people to the game.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 5   [ 45 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next